Well I'm off and running on this.
I have the frame. I will be installing a 38 X member in it, in the pics it is just clamped to the bottom so I can decide where to cut it. I just got the firewall yesterday and had to clamp that sucker on too. (Tom we need to talk about it)
I sent my 59AB to the machine shop and am waiting to hear back if it is a good block. It was really nice inside so I have high hopes. It rolled over fine but had stuck rings on one cylinder and several stuck valves. I got my hands on a merc crank too which showed up yesterday.
This week I finally got the heavy 32 axle to part ways with the wishbone. That sob was on there. I had soaked and heated it for two week and when I finally got the pins out they were dry as a bone so the penetrating oil (gibbs, jb80, seafoam) didn't do a damn bit of good. I am going to have to totaly rebuild the wishbone, it looks like it was drug on the ground for 100 miles or so so there is only 1/2 of a ball left on the end. I located another cast yoke for the end of it in CA and it is on the way here.
I was hoping to use the ball mount on the 38 xmember but it just won't work. by the time it get the xmember in the correct place for the engine and tranny it is about 6" too far back so I will need to build a ball mount and mount it into the x member.
I also got the 39 pedal assembly rebuilt this week and painted up. It will be mounted in the x member in the stock location. The xmember will need a little modification since the pedals are a bit different than a 38 set but it should be easy.
That is all for now but there is more to come.