« on: March 01, 2013 4:43 AM »
So one of the thing about this project is the body just had zip screws in it for mock up and honestly I think the guy was having some problems getting things to align. I have many hours in just getting the cowl and subrails finalized, but as of tonight things are welded and square so next will be hanging the doors an back half which I have been told by those that have put a body together is easier.
One problem I discovered was that the subrail toeboard support were not good repops. I have attached a few pic of the originals and how much I had to pie cut them to match the originals. Once I got this figured out things did go much better.
I also finally got some Lyons hubcaps for the project as well as a pair of cast bronze folding stanchions. Long ways to go but it is getting there I guess.