March 28, 2024 10:07 AM

Author Topic: Greetings from up north  (Read 8869 times)

Chizel

Greetings from up north
« on: January 13, 2011 6:04 AM »
Hello from Saskatchewan.  My name is Chad, tradional hot rodder who has been doing this my whole life.  I grew up going to rod runs all over Canada & the US in my dad's 32 sedan, my best childhood memories are the travels & camping at rod runs.  I now have a 32 of my own, a pickup I have toured all over in for the past 10 years.  I also have a 51 Monarch, another car I always vowed I would own & enjoy cruising to events all over in it too.  While searching for events to take in I came across your poster from your last years event & thought it sounded exactly like my kind of event.  We host a rod run up here where we have the entire campground, strictly people at the run only, this summer will be our 8th annual & it just keeps getting better every year.  If you could supply me some more info on your run that would be great, as I am booking holidays for work & think I would love to take this run in.  Here are a few pics of my 32 & 51, I also have a 26 T roadster I am building, but it is several years away from seeing the road.

Here is my 32 at our rod run last summer.

And here is a pic of my Monarch taken in Vegas last summer at Viva Las Vegas - driven all the way trouble free.

Offline mini

• Street Rodder
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from up north
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011 1:18 PM »
from one chad to another. those look pretty good.

Offline eugenevik

• Oh, I get it...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011 1:24 PM »
welcome
nice units  love the flames
you are really"way up nord dere"
disabled Nam veteran,  overeducated and underworked   NDSCS, MSU,  BSU ,  Alexandria tec. ,   ASE  Tripple Master tec.

Offline Tom

• Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011 1:28 PM »
Hey Chad..........I know you and your dad. Saw your dad last year at the Bismarck North Dakota run. I saw your pickup at the Minot run many years ago. I think the Suedes run would be a run you would like. More like minded people. We are currently working on our poster and will have info out shortly. So please check back and welcome to our site.
Tom
"A rat rod is a hot rod with poor workmanship". Roger S.

Chizel

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011 3:37 PM »
Thanks, I'm going to assume that this event will be the same weekend as last year putting it on July 23 & 24.

Offline Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011 7:39 PM »
Thanks, I'm going to assume that this event will be the same weekend as last year putting it on July 23 & 24.

Yes, that is the weekend.

Offline pinstriper40

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011 4:27 PM »
Mr. Welta!  Your '32 still looks great! Nobody's cranked off the electric window crank in your pickup have they?   Are you going to be making it to Devil's Run this year?  I talked to you in 2004 or 2005 I think right after you were in the "under 30 and in overdrive" section of Street Rodder.  Hopefully we'll see ya a couple times this summer! 
*Street is Neat*

Chizel

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011 6:49 PM »
Hey folks.  Just checking in to see if your event is a go, as I have been searching for a poster but can't seem to find one.  Thanks.

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011 9:41 PM »
Welcome Chad, yep its a go. If you're on Facebook we have a page for the run there and we'll get a page on this forum for it asap, like hopefully today... Super vehicles btw, can't wait to see them in person.
The problem with having an artistic eye is that you always end up making more work for yourself. -Cleatus on the HAMB

Offline eugenevik

• Oh, I get it...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011 3:03 AM »
finally some one turns up here that   TRAVELS
about time
disabled Nam veteran,  overeducated and underworked   NDSCS, MSU,  BSU ,  Alexandria tec. ,   ASE  Tripple Master tec.

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011 5:08 AM »
We're not all retired Eugene...
The problem with having an artistic eye is that you always end up making more work for yourself. -Cleatus on the HAMB

Chizel

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011 8:13 PM »
Thanks guys.  I am on FB, what do I search for it under?  I searched and couldn't find it, but maybe my phone isn't displaying all.

Offline Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011 9:47 PM »
finally some one turns up here that   TRAVELS
about time

See you at Bonneville for speed week???

Offline eugenevik

• Oh, I get it...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011 11:45 PM »
hey the Bonnevile is for all you real hot rodders

when I was 16 reading all the books  covering breedlove , mickey thompson I was just enthralled with it but that seems to have worn off

but my beautifull life is being shattered after they are canceling world of wheels for a few places next year

time to get the passport for Rondex Roderama