April 29, 2024 8:52 PM

Author Topic: I'm a Newbie!  (Read 4307 times)

34PEOWNER

I'm a Newbie!
« on: September 17, 2008 5:57 PM »
Thanks for the chance to be a Newbie! My name is John but I also go by Casper (my 41 Chev's name) I work with sko ford at the CNH Plant. I have just started working on a '34 Plymouth PE. The car is coming apart slowly so on this project I hope to remember where everything goes when it's time to begin re-assembling it. I have a few other rides, 41 Chev, 55 Stude wagon, 61 Stude Hawk, 70 Cougar convert, and a 63 Mercedes that is going to have to be rodded in one way or another. I'm not a body or engine expert, but sure have fun building stuff in my shop. The 34 is ready to put a ribbed roof in so I'm always open to suggestions before I start. Anyone have any hints?

Offline sundance

• Suedes Member
  • Hot Rodder
    • View Profile
RE: I
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008 6:13 PM »
welcome aboard
"btt50's is hundreds of teenagers trapped in adult bodies"--Sage Magee

Offline sko_ford

• Suedes Member
  • Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008 9:40 PM »
glad to see ya found us and good luck with the plymouth
WANTED: Mel Tillis valve covers

Offline 31Rodder

• Suedes Member
    • View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/rodder1931
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008 4:38 AM »
welcome aboard and good luck on the roof insert

Offline eugenevik

• Oh, I get it...
    • View Profile
roof
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008 5:38 AM »
to go all mopar, use a caravan rood, got a free one available
disabled Nam veteran,  overeducated and underworked   NDSCS, MSU,  BSU ,  Alexandria tec. ,   ASE  Tripple Master tec.

Offline prettyboyhats

• Street Rodder
    • View Profile
    • http://drivencustoms.com
RE: roof
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008 10:13 PM »
welcom aboard, easy fix for a roof would be that caravan roof skin, just keep your gap tight and manage ur heat so you dont warp the thin roof skin. if you have another 33-34 grille/shell i am looking for one

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
RE: roof
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008 4:05 AM »
Looks good. Welcome! Oh, by the way, a caravan roof skin would work perfect for your roof insert. :)
The problem with having an artistic eye is that you always end up making more work for yourself. -Cleatus on the HAMB

34PEOWNER

Thanks for the welcome!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008 1:26 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome and the offer of the roof. I have already picked up a 84 Suburban ribbed roof and it's now laying on top of the 34. I cut it about 2" larger all the way around and intend to trim it down a little at a time so it won't end up small. Ironically, after cutting the roof section out of the Sub, it looks like the roof supports out of the Sub might just work in my 34. When I layed one on the front of my 34 roof, the contour was just about exactly the same. Two of the ones I removed from the Sub also had dome lights already on them. Is there any reason I shouldn't use them on 34? And then I am assuming that I should put something in between the roof supports and the roof, but don't know what would work the best there.

As per the grill/shell, I have looked everywhere for a good one. I had a crappy one on my car when I got it, then picked up another one that had been run over, and just recently bought a decent one form a guy in St. Cloud. He has some other parts so let me know what you are looking for and I will check with him.

Thanks again for the help.

Offline flatheaded

• Street Rodder
    • View Profile
RE: Thanks for the welcome!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008 4:14 AM »
Nice looking sedan.  Would love to see pics of the roof when done.  My wife has a '33 Plymouth PB coupe.  Also looking for a grill but have been told they are next to impossible to find.  Especially in good shape.  Good luck with the project! Flatheaded
...And if you call in the next 20 minutes, cause we can't do this all day...