April 16, 2024 7:56 PM

Author Topic: Car show in Minot  (Read 2853 times)

leroy701

Car show in Minot
« on: August 03, 2009 5:09 PM »
Hi, a friend and myself are putting on a small show here in Minot on Sept 12. I wanted to extend an invitation to you guys if anyone needed an excuse for a road trip. This is a first time event  with a small number of invitation only cars and bikes. There is no entry fee or admission fee. The show is being held in the lot behind Bens Tavern down by the river. To the best of my knowledge, Bens is the last of the neighborhood taverns left in Minot, it was established in 47 and reminds you of the time when neighborhoods had a tavern and a grocery store right in the middle of all the houses. It's  a very cool place although not a lot of space.

We are going to have at least 1 band, hot grills for cooking, beer garden for those of age and general good times. We are thinking cruising Broadway afterwards, we'll have a parking lot on Broadway available to post up also.

The scene is very small here as you can well imagine, but the people involved in traditional cars are enthusiastic. If you want to bring a car or bike, you can reach me at fastgreen33@srt.com, you will find friendly people and respect here. We look forward to the opportunity to meet some of you guys and promote traditional cars in this area.
Thanks, Jon[/b]

Offline AntiBling

• Suedes Member
  • Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
    • http://antibling.deviantart.com
RE: Car show in Minot
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009 11:08 PM »
I like the idea of this and it's a show I'll show up to and support if funds dictate I can.

Offline Tom

• Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
RE: Car show in Minot
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009 1:14 AM »
I know you don't realize you picked a weekend that has one of the closest to traditional runs around these parts. Watertown SD. I always say HOT ROD is spoken there. It's 460 miles from Minot but you loose me out of Bismarck and some more of the Suedes members out of Fargo/Moorehead. Their run is always the weekend after Labor Day, keep that in mind if you do one next year. I'll  be up for the season finale the following weekend, haven't been to that one in years and I think you know why. Don't usually go to the show & shine, so if you guys are around maybe we could get together and I can check out yours rides.
"A rat rod is a hot rod with poor workmanship". Roger S.

leroy701

Re: RE: Car show in Minot
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009 1:40 AM »
Quote from: "Tom"
I know you don't realize you picked a weekend that has one of the closest to traditional runs around these parts. Watertown SD. I always say HOT ROD is spoken there. It's 460 miles from Minot but you loose me out of Bismarck and some more of the Suedes members out of Fargo/Moorehead. Their run is always the weekend after Labor Day, keep that in mind if you do one next year. I'll  be up for the season finale the following weekend, haven't been to that one in years and I think you know why. Don't usually go to the show & shine, so if you guys are around maybe we could get together and I can check out yours rides.

Tom, thanks for that info. I didn't know about the Watertown event, that's too bad. If this thing gets off the ground like I hope, I'll look at a different date next year.
Jon