March 28, 2024 9:30 AM

Author Topic: Nailhead up for grabs...  (Read 2912 times)

DeuceKustoms

Nailhead up for grabs...
« on: June 12, 2008 3:57 AM »
I finally decided that the nailhead that i got tucked in the corner of my shop is going to have to go... I just don't forsee me having the time or a project in the near enough future to use it. it is a 322 out of a 56 Buick Special. has a 2 bbl intake and still has the original dynaflow transmission hooked to it.  it has the heads off right now, one of the pistons is stuck, but looking at it the inside looks real nice still, crank looks to be in pretty good condition. i dont have pics of it yet but will post them ASAP.  i am open to offers, or trades.  possible trades include T5 trans., 292 chevy six, chevy six speed parts (250 or 292), 283 chevy, any other offers let me know. thanks

Offline Eyeball

• Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
RE: Nailhead up for grabs...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008 4:03 AM »
I am interested in it. How much $'s to buy it. I have a 327 I could trade.
soaken wet shoes and winkled fingers...
hours and hours
inch at a time...

henryj1951 HAMB

Offline eugenevik

• Oh, I get it...
    • View Profile
buick test run
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008 6:21 AM »
in Whapeton  Science School in 1964 went on a test run to bed in brakes on a 56 buick the guy cranked her to 130 or 145 cant rember
but sure was impressed with the speed
my 1954 Chev 3 speed was nowhere that fast!!!even with a split!!!
funny a person is still alive  after some of those speeds on the old bias tires and crapy cars that we cranked up to speed
disabled Nam veteran,  overeducated and underworked   NDSCS, MSU,  BSU ,  Alexandria tec. ,   ASE  Tripple Master tec.

DeuceKustoms

Re: RE: Nailhead up for grabs...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008 2:47 AM »
Quote from: "Eyeball"
I am interested in it. How much $'s to buy it. I have a 327 I could trade.

what shape is the 327 in? i could be interested in that... otherwise as far as cash goes, just PM me with an offer, i can bring it with to the drags if you (or anyone for that matter) are serious about it, but if i do i ain't bringin it back home with me

Offline Eyeball

• Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
RE: Re: RE: Nailhead up for grabs...
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008 2:53 AM »
I may also have a running 283. I will shoot you a pm about it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.
soaken wet shoes and winkled fingers...
hours and hours
inch at a time...

henryj1951 HAMB

DeuceKustoms

Re: RE: Re: RE: Nailhead up for grabs...
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008 3:11 AM »
Quote from: "Eyeball"
I may also have a running 283. I will shoot you a pm about it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.

a running 283 would seal the deal! i am starting to salivate at the thought of it... looking forward to hearing from you.