March 29, 2024 7:53 AM

Author Topic: Racer J's 28 roadster  (Read 79877 times)

Offline Tom

• Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007 2:00 PM »
That's some funny shit racer!! :lol:
"A rat rod is a hot rod with poor workmanship". Roger S.

Offline JakesBackyard

• Hot Rodder
    • View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007 5:15 PM »
:lol: In keeping with "Norm's (Cheers) Buffalo Theory" - you guys "done good".

Norm's "Buffalo Theory"

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole is maintained or even improved by the regular culling of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can operate only as fast as the slowest brain cells through which the electrical signals pass. Recent epidemiological studies have shown that while excessive intake of alcohol kills off brain cells, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.

Thus, regular consumption of beer, wine etc., helps eliminate the weaker cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. The result of this in-depth study verifies and validates the causal link between all-weekend parties and job related performance. It also explains why, after a few short years of leaving a university and getting married, most professionals cannot keep up with the performance of the new graduates. Only those few that stick to the strict regimen of voracious alcoholic consumption can maintain the intellectual levels that they achieve during their college years.

So, this is a call to arms. As our country is losing its technological edge, we cannot shudder in our homes. Get back into the bars. Quaff that pint. Your company and country need you to be at your peak, and you shouldn't deny yourself the career that you could have. Take life by the bottle and be all that you can be. Forward this to all of your friends, acquaintances and co-workers that may be in danger of losing their edge.

Offline Eyeball

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007 5:27 PM »
NEW words to live by for me. :)
soaken wet shoes and winkled fingers...
hours and hours
inch at a time...

henryj1951 HAMB

Offline pinstriper40

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007 10:09 PM »
All in a hard day's work.  Not only are the swedes gentlemenly fellows, but we're also handy with air tools and a welder.
*Street is Neat*

Ryan

Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007 4:00 AM »
"Beer is good, beer is good, beer is good...  Let's go drink some beeeeeer!"  It acually helps me be productive when I work late!

Offline boristheblade

• Street Rodder
    • View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007 8:32 PM »
Will the 324 stuff interchange with your Ogre motor?
I still insist you need a stick / 9"
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177890&highlight=324+Olds

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007 10:12 PM »
Yes, a 324 motor would interchange and I'd prefer one, but sticks are a bitch to find for those as far as I've gathered
The problem with having an artistic eye is that you always end up making more work for yourself. -Cleatus on the HAMB

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007 10:14 PM »
um, wait I'm not sure if the bellhousing cast to the block (like a long bell hemi) like I have will work with that. try to find a transmission!
The problem with having an artistic eye is that you always end up making more work for yourself. -Cleatus on the HAMB

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007 11:37 PM »
Roadster is already cursed. I pushed it outside so i could pull my fiancee's buick in to do a brake job. I leave for 15 minutes to go get the rotors turned, come back and see that one of the owners of my building backed into the side of my roadster with the other owners 1250 mile brand new ford pickup. The body is just sitting on the frame, and the cowl was the only part of the body straddling the frame rails, so when he backed into the side of it, the body moved and the cowl didn't. The cowl of my car is now crooked. Diamonded, if you will. Spent hours straightening the pile of shit and it lasts 15 minutes outside before getting hit. And, he had just been checking it out 5 minutes prior and forgot about it. Dammit!

But it looked sweet outside before that! You know that feeling you get when you roll your car outside for the first time?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011 7:48 AM by racerjohnson »

Offline overspray

• Oh, I get it...
    • View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007 11:48 PM »
May Thor the God of Thunder send his wrath down upon that F250!! :twisted:

Odin be praised :lol: !!

I rolled this back into shape with a come-a-long, 4 ton porta-power, and a couple pieces of 2X4.  Looked pretty good after about 15 minutes.

Offline Wowcars

• Suedes Member
    • View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2007 1:08 AM »
Man, seems like EVERYBODY is having bad luck lately. I can't seem to find a good motor for the Stude, either.

That sucks man, sorry to hear it.

Offline Eyeball

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2007 4:59 AM »
Oh shit that sux......
soaken wet shoes and winkled fingers...
hours and hours
inch at a time...

henryj1951 HAMB

Offline pinstriper40

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007 4:48 AM »
if that happens to my car I'm going to take up action figure painting.  nobody fucks with another man's action figures.
*Street is Neat*

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007 3:59 PM »
Not too much new, just working on the steering and the radiator mount lately. Picking at it half hour at a time. Got insurance money from the bender though. The insurance adjuster is the guy that had that red 64 corvette drag car with the long fiberglass body at the toppers show a couple years ago. John was his name. Really wasn't much damage, but he said he'd throw me some milk money. Works for me.

Any constructive criticism on the stance/rake?

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
Racer J's 28 roadster
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007 4:10 PM »
fixed the joint where I mated the frame to my rect. tube. Looks much better. Then i welded the tabs for the bones to the tranny mount. Need to fix that ugly tranny mount though.

I like the steering arm, but it may be kinda ghetto.