April 29, 2024 1:26 PM

Author Topic: Chrome Car  (Read 9985 times)

Offline CJHacker

• I run this place...
  • Administrator
  • Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
    • Suedes Car Club
Chrome Car
« on: November 27, 2006 5:10 PM »
This could almost go under paint, but I didn't feel the car was fitting for it.  I've often wondered about this chrome paint, and how handy it would be to just spray a few items instead of having to get them dipped...

http://www.bmwquebec.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137&forum=4

Offline JakesBackyard

• Hot Rodder
    • View Profile
Chrome Car
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006 9:04 PM »
We have messed with some of the early offerings of the chrome paint with less than great results.  The newer products are supposedly better and are now even offered in spray bombs.  To tell the truth the candied chromes come out the best.  The big company for this product is Alsa.  Here's their website:

http://www.alsacorp.com/paints.htm

It can get pretty spendy.  I'm guessing the car is for promotion of a companies product, but I can't read the language!

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
silver car
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006 9:21 PM »
Not to one up anybody, but this car isn't painted chrome. It's not painted. The whole damn thing is made of silver. Just a perk of being the king of an oil producing country.
The problem with having an artistic eye is that you always end up making more work for yourself. -Cleatus on the HAMB

Offline Wowcars

• Suedes Member
    • View Profile
RE: silver car
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006 9:51 PM »
I bet thats worth about the same as a gennie steel '32 3 window. Well, close anyway.

Offline Serious

• Suedes Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006 9:55 PM »
They did a Mustang on P{imp My Ride on MTV the other night, and they spray Chrome on it and it looked cool.

Fancy spray gun and materials though.

Mrs.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006 5:13 AM »
....this one time on pimp my ride...

Offline Eyeball

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006 6:14 AM »
yea.......
soaken wet shoes and winkled fingers...
hours and hours
inch at a time...

henryj1951 HAMB

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006 7:30 AM »
I'm sure you already knew this but those are two different cars.  The top one is a BMW 3 series, and the next one looks to me like a Lexus IS, but I can't really tell from the angle it is taken.  Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Offline CJHacker

• I run this place...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Suedes Car Club
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006 6:23 PM »
Yeah, here's the m3 being prepped

Sounds like it's a guy from Ontario.

http://www.chromem3.com/

Thanks for the info Jake.  Sure would be nice if there was a good cheap alternative to dipping.  Has anyone tried the chrome like powder coating?

Offline CJHacker

• I run this place...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Suedes Car Club
Re: RE: silver car
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006 6:25 PM »
Quote from: "MountainMan"
I'm sure you already knew this but those are two different cars.  The top one is a BMW 3 series, and the next one looks to me like a Lexus IS, but I can't really tell from the angle it is taken.  Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I think the silver one is an audio A8, if I remember reading about it right.

OlDad

re: silver car
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006 9:06 PM »
If I remember right, I think they painted a chrome roof on a Caddy that was done for Billy Gibbons on the TV show Rides. They never gave a really good shot of it though after the car was finished.

Anonymous

RE: re: silver car
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006 6:06 AM »
Man you are right it is an Audi, I can't believe I thought it was a Lexus, the car God's are going to be mad at me for Screwing that up.  Man I'm just not myself lately.  It doesn't look like an A8 either though.  It is too short, it might be, but it looks more like an A4.

Offline racerjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006 6:14 AM »
If you gave the ruler of one of the richest countries in the world a silver Audi, would you give him an A4? You can make a car look shorter by messing with the length vs. width of a picture. C'mon. Even guinea pigs think a little before speaking.
The problem with having an artistic eye is that you always end up making more work for yourself. -Cleatus on the HAMB

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006 6:56 AM »
Ok, you can ask CJ if there is one thing I know it is German cars, I was just saying it looks like an A4 I didn't say it was.  I know you can make a picture shorter by messing with it's length.  But look at the car, actually look at the tail lights and the body lines, the headlights are shorter than they are on an A8.  I know I don't know much about American cars, but I do know my imports.  I'm almost certain that isn't an A8, I don't know why they would take an A4 over one.  I'm not certain it is an A4 either but it looks like one.

Anonymous

Chrome Car
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006 8:46 AM »
Besides, I did think about it a little bit.  I had both pictures of an A4 and an A8 and compared the differences between the body lines and the grilles and headlights.  If I could get my image host site to work, I'd show you pictures of both the A* and the A4 to show you what I mean.Now in 05 it got a little harder because the A3-A8 all pretty much look the same.  For the most part they all have the new redesigned grille look that is why I think it is a early 2000s or late ninetys.  There is one thing I have with all of you on this board.  My passion love admiration for cars, but instead I love German cars.  you may or may not believe me but when it comes to German cars I do know a little bit of what I'm talking about.  Now whether-or-not you choose to believe me about this is your descision.