April 18, 2024 9:10 PM

Author Topic: Server issues  (Read 4119 times)

Offline CJHacker

• I run this place...
  • Administrator
  • Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
    • Suedes Car Club
Server issues
« on: March 05, 2011 12:51 AM »
As some of you may have noticed, the service is having a bad couple of days this week.  I'm thinking I'm going to need to wipe it, and reinstall the system software and everything else.  I've got nightly backups of the board, so I should be able to restore that when this happens, but any of you that were relying on strictly webmail and not dumping your email to an email client may loose your emails.

Not sure if this system redo will occur this weekend, or some day next week, but I'll try to post an announcement on here so everyone is aware that it will be going down for a day or two.  I'd like to try to hold out until I can get taxes back and try to buy a new server, but I just don't think that's in the cards right now...

CJ

Offline CJHacker

• I run this place...
  • Administrator
  • Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
    • Suedes Car Club
Re: Server issues
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011 4:10 AM »
After about 6 hours of working on this thing today, I've got the bitch duct taped back together.  Email should be working again, but please, dump your emails, or when I do the server wipe, you'll probably loose them.  Things are working, but the system is in need of a major overhaul.

CJ