March 29, 2024 5:41 AM

Author Topic: Cheap and quik  (Read 3950 times)

Anonymous

Cheap and quik
« on: November 25, 2006 9:14 AM »
I'm going to repaint one of my cars this winter.  I want it to be cheap and quick.  What would be the best kind to use.  I was thinking implement.  Do you need to use a reducer or just shoot it.  And if I bought a gallon of automotive paint could I just brush it on with a paint brush or do I have to use reducer and all of that jazz.  Or would it be better to rattle can it.  I'm looking for a temporary fix before I redo the whole car.  But it will ahev to wait until my next project is done.  So I want the paint to be a little permanant.  I know from my bus that house paint works.  I just brushed that on.  Could I just brush automotive paint on the same way, or is it a different chemical compound all together.
Any suggestions thanx.

Offline CJHacker

• I run this place...
  • Administrator
  • Traditionalist...or...I post to much.
    • View Profile
    • Suedes Car Club
RE: Cheap and quik
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006 4:47 PM »
I guess it all depends on if you care how it looks or not.  The auto industry hasn't used brush painting since what, the late 20's early 30's?  And I think that was for a good reason.  For a quick and dirty, a rattle can is probably your best bet if you don't have access to a spray gun and compressor.

Anonymous

Cheap and quik
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006 6:47 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I think i'm going to both rattle can it and brush it.  I have access to a spray gun and compressor, but I don't want to waste the time.  It's just going to be a temporary fix, until I can get the whole car redone.  Then i'll have it painted professionally.  Right now we are just going to drink and paint some weekend.  I can't wait, it will be like a rolling canvas of creativity.  With all the artists I have and all of their ideas, it should look really cool.