General > Project Reports

MissTress makeover

(1/11) > >>

Wowcars:
So, you may all know that Lucky has been gracious enough to let me use his hoist over the winter to remedy many things that have bothered me about the Stude since I got her on the road. Primarily completely updating the rear suspension. I scored a pair of Roush Racing Nascar (GM Truck style) control arms off the E-bay and panhard bar for $180 shipped. I'm pretty excited. I plan on running Slam Specialties SS6 bags n the rear. All of this will require major changes to the trunk pan and rear floor, which need replacement anyways.

The next item will be front floor replacement. After re-engineering the trans mount, I'll be cutting out the floors and re-doing the driveshaft tunnel and floors. I'm pretty lucky since we have a 10ft power shear and brake here at work to be able to fabricate floor pans nicely.

After that will be fabbing up a rear crossmember to mount a hitch. We'll see if I have any time after that for anything else before the wedding. Or if Lucky and Roxy kick me out by then. But there will be lots of quality time in their garage together as Lucky builds his '29 Roadster...

First thing done, was to remove the lakes pipes. Gone for good. Evolution of a car, as Eyeball says.

Eyeball:
Great to see you making progress! Keep the updates comming.

Tom:

--- Quote from: Eyeball on November 21, 2012  3:42 PM --- Keep the updates comming.

--- End quote ---

On both cars!!!

sko_ford:
Rad

Lord_of_the_Dance:
Woot Woot!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version